If we had to pick just one oil to buy—as if you could stop at just one oil—it would be lavender.
Not just because it’s the most popular oil around the world.
It’s the most versatile.
That's why they call lavender the “Swiss Army Knife” of oils.
Did you know?
•It takes approximately 27 sq. feet of lavender plants to create just one 15 ml bottle of essential oil!
•Lavender is part of the mint family!
•Lavender supports several body systems—nervous, immune, endocrine, and integumentary!
•It is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the plant!
•Young Living™ Lavender comes in a vitality oil, too? Vitality oils are FDA approved for internal use! This is unique to Young Living™ and one of the many reasons that we swear by only this company!
The 8 TOP REASONS we use lavender essential oil every day:
1. We make a Seasonal relief roller ball oil blend that we roll on twice a day to help with outdoor sinus irritants or reactions to chemical scents in public places. The blend would also work as a diffuser blend--without the carrier oil--but, we don’t do it while driving! Lavender is too relaxing.
2. Diffusing lavender helps promote consciousness, health, love, peace, and a general sense of well-being. Perfect for diffusing while you journal especially in the evening when you're calming down to do your daily gratitude journal entries.
3. We mix lavender into a natural lotion base for our body and face moisturizer. (Add a few drops of Frankincense and it's over-the-top in goodness!)
4. A single drop of lavender in your mascara helps condition your lashes. It also tends to rejuvenate mascara so you can get a couple of extra applications out of your tube.
5. If my ears are feeling uncomfortable or kinda funny— like something just isn't right— I put a little lavender on my finger and apply it on the outside and just inside my ear or put some on a cotton ball and hold it near my ear (never inside) so the vapors can help support normal function. (Never drop oils in the ear!)
6. After I’ve shampooed and towel dry my hair, I put a few drops on my scalp and massage it in to promote healthy hair.
7. We make a linen spray to freshen our pillows and provide a relaxing aroma.
8. We use it in our night diffuser to help promote a restful deeper sleep.
One of my amazing experiences using Lavender!
My personal “Holy Cow” experience using lavender vitality oil was mindblowing!
Have you ever subjected the roof of your mouth to a mix of hot refried beans and melted cheese?
It’s like having molten plastic stuck on your tender skin!
Well, for whatever reason, it’s happened to me twice in 3 months.
In both cases, I applied Lavender Vitality™ neat (right out of the bottle) to my finger and then gently applied it to the large affected area. That was at dinner time. I applied it again before going to bed.
In both cases, the affected area was back to normal by morning!
This was my experience. I can’t guarantee that you’ll have the same results but I can tell you… I LOVE lavender essential oil and make sure to keep a bottle handy wherever we go!
Bonus Ideas from other Lavender users!
• We buy Young Living products like Lavender Lip balm (so many extra uses other than soothing chapped lips) and the Lavender Mint shampoo and conditioner. Add topically to soothe skin or diaper skin irritations.
•Massage diluted lavender on fussy babies.*
•Massage diluted lavender on distressed dogs and horses.*
•Need a home spa experience? Combine 1 Cup Epsom salt & 4 drops of lavender then add to a hot bath.
•DIY perfumes, sprays, body scrubs, etc.
•Lavender Vitality™ in lemonade (1 drop) for a refreshing drink.
•Lavender Vitality™ in your baked goods (shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, whipped cream), desserts, jams, and jellies. The shortbread cookies were crazy good!
*Always check the dilution ratio, carrier oil recommendations, and application area before applying.
You probably notice that we’re mentioning using lavender topically and internally.
Young Living™ lavender essential oil comes in both regular and vitality oil which means it’s FDA approved and safe to ingest.
Remember: Oil brands are not created equal! We would never ingest any other oil on the market, nor is it recommended on their labels.
When in doubt, use lavender!
Lavender is one of the amazing essential oils in the Premium Starter Kit! It’s our go-to oil for both home and on the road.